Your lawn is the canvas of your home and sets the stage for other aspects of your landscape. Whether we’re talking about the front of your house or your backyard, you need your lawn to be green and gorgeous.
You need to take care of your lawn not only for the aesthetic look but for monetary reasons as well. Taking proper care of your lawn can increase your property value, especially if you plan on selling your home in the near future.
It’s always better to have a picture-perfect lawn, no matter the reason. Here are 5 tips on how to have the perfect lawn!
Remember To Mainting It Routinely
Everyone knows about this one – but not everyone spends the time necessary to maintain their lawn as they should! A great-looking lawn needs to be maintained regularly. You’re probably just one upkeep session away from your lawn goals. If you aren’t physically able to mow your lawn and keep it maintained, hire a lawn service company to come by intermittently.
What do you need to do?
- Mow your lawn: Mowing is the go-to activity for lawn upkeep. You probably know how to do it! Here’s an important tip, though: always mow your lawn when the soil is dry, never when it’s wet!
- Edge your lawn: A lot of people don’t realize their lawn is rough around the edges – take care of things after mowing.
- Remove the undesirables: Moss, thatch, and weeds, among other things. If you let them run wild, it’ll be close to impossible to achieve the type of lawn you’re after.
Know Your Lawn
Aside from the routine maintenance, you need to learn about your lawn! That way, you’ll know what to change, what to fix, and what to keep the same.
Make sure you check:
- How the soil is doing
- If the lawn is draining properly
- If the air is flowing through the soil (proper aeration)
- If you have enough fertilizer for your lawn
Make a list of what you have to fix and get to work!
Fix Lawn Issues – But Don’t Go Overboard!
Check your list and start crossing items off one by one. Keep in mind there’s no need to do them all in one day, though. There’s no rush!
Here are a couple of tips for what you probably have to fix:
- Stock the right type of fertilizer: The fertilizer is one of the most important things you need to buy. Make sure you get the right one for your type of soil and grass. And then, feed your lawn to keep it healthy!
- Punch a couple of holes in the ground: You need to aerate you’re your soil for the nutrients and air to flow freely. Create a couple of small holes throughout your lawn with a pitchfork or an aeration machine.
- Be generous with your seeds: Even if you think you don’t need it, seeding helps your lawn regain its strength.
Be More Loving To Your Lawn
When your job is done, your lawn will start to look amazing. It might take time to get where you want it to be and you might need to work on maintaining it here and there – but it’s going to be worth it!
Keep in mind once you’ve worked on your lawn, it’s not like you can forget about it. You need to be extra-caring and extra-loving! If you keep an eye on the lawn and fix issues as they arise, you’ll have a picture-perfect lawn for a long time!
If you’ve had a rough-looking lawn for a long time, there is no magic fix. You have to work on it! You’re also going to have to wait to see results after you’re done.
Don’t worry, though! The results will come. You have to be patient and consistent with it.
Keep working on your lawn and before you know it, you’ll have that picture-perfect, green and gorgeous lawn you’re after that will make your neighbors drool with envy!