4 Types of Commercial Plumbing Services That Plumbers Offer
Commercial establishments and properties need a perfectly working plumbing system to carry on with their daily operations and activities. Plumbing emergencies can compromise the productivity and performance of a business.
Since the plumbing systems in commercial spaces are more complicated than those in residential homes, commercial plumbing services are needed for repairs and installations. Read on to learn more about the different services that businesses may need when faced with a plumbing issue.
Drainage System and Sewer Line Services
Since there is a higher demand in commercial areas, their drainage and sewer systems tend to get clogged more often. A clogged drain can be due to improper disposal of grease, food, and toilet paper. Other materials, such as soap and mineral deposits can also accumulate and block the drain.
Untreated clogs may result in leaks, burst pipes, and even drain inaccessibility. Commercial plumbers have tools that can quickly remove blockage and restore the drainage system. Here are some services that plumbing experts do:
- High-Pressure Water Jetting – A machine will pump high-pressure water into the pipes to break apart the material buildup blocking the sewer line.
- Camera Line Inspection – A high-definition waterproof camera attached to a fiber optic cable will be lowered into the plumbing system to perform a visual inspection of the drain pipes.
Water Heater Services
Commercial water heaters are critical for the service industry, especially in restaurants and hotels. They come in different sizes, capacity, and thermal efficiency. These machines are expensive and fragile, so proper care and maintenance must be practiced at all times.
After some time, scale and mineral deposits can accumulate at the bottom of the tank, affecting the heater’s performance. They can reduce the amount of water heated, increase the machine’s noise, and shorten its lifespan.
Let professional plumbers handle these issues. They can clear out the mineral buildup, get rid of hard water, and perform repair services. These can include tuning of heating equipment, detecting leaks, and replacing corroded parts of the system.
Plumbing Installation Services
Professional plumbers are experienced in installing a wide range of plumbing equipment needed for the daily operations of different businesses. These fixtures may include:
- Faucets (hands-free, kitchen, restroom, and laboratory)
- Sinks (kitchen, janitor, and utility)
- Toilets and urinals
- Garbage disposals
- Water meters
- Water heaters
- Showers and bathtubs
- Drinking fountains and water filters
- Handicap fixtures
There are specialty plumbers who focus on certain aspects of plumbing such as the installation of fire protection and sprinkler systems. Others specialize in installing natural gas lines and appliances.
Pipe Upgrade Services
Commercial plumbers must be licensed to inspect the plumbing system of any building. They can check if the pipes adhere to the government’s health and safety codes. Routine inspection is critical because legal actions can be taken against violators.
After the assessment, professional plumbers can help business owners make the necessary changes to their plumbing system. They can upgrade the systems’ framework, replace old and damaged pipes, and replace gas lines. These upgrades prevent emergencies and plumbing destruction.
Hiring a Reputable Commercial Plumber
You can’t expect a regular plumber to handle complicated commercial plumbing systems. They will not have the training, equipment, and knowledge to solve plumbing problems in business establishments. You’ll need to hire a commercial plumber or a plumbing contractor to take on this job.
Before signing a contract, make sure to check credentials and work experience. Here are some things you need to look for:
- They must have tons of experience in handling jobs for commercial clients. This will determine how knowledgeable they can be in solving your plumbing problems.
- They have a proven track record of accomplishments and successful plumbing services. Check reviews of previous customers and look for both positive and negative comments.
- They must know the current health and safety standards of your location. Otherwise, they can compromise the quality of your plumbing system and the safety of your business.
- They must have valid licenses, certification, and working permits. These will prove that they have acquired the proper training and passed all required assessments.
Now that you’re familiar with the different types of plumbing services, it will be easier to explain to a commercial plumber the kind of help that you need. These services contribute to the maintenance and improvement of your plumbing system. In the long run, a well-functioning system ensures that your business will run smoothly and efficiently.